Living off grid one of your biggest concerns is where to get water. For the last 5 years we’ve lived in houses that relied solely on rain water to function.. but being in a bus without a big tank to store water makes you watch every single drop. Because of the state of the world, much of our water is polluted and acidic. Agriculture runoff, Pesticides, parasites, factory and car emissions and more all end up in our precipitation cycle. Depending on where you live, the water is treated with fluoride and chlorine even though it has been found to have no place in the human body.
What a lot of people don’t realise, is that water is more important than food. And because of the quality of tap water, most people live their lives chronically dehydrated. Before we moved into the bus we got the best filter possible so that we knew the water that we were drinking and cooking with was free of nasty chemicals and the healthiest water possible. That filter has come with us and now we know that wherever we fill up we will be hydrated with the best possible water.
Before I go into anything else I want to clarify that in no way is this a sponsored video. We are sharing our own personal insights and findings in hope to spread knowledge for optimal health. We encourage you to do your own research, utilising search engines that aren’t governed by mainstream media financing. Our favourite search browser for this is Duck Duck Go. With all research, use your critical thinking hat and always consider where and what incentives the ‘scientific facts’ are coming from. And always remember, reality is much stranger than fiction… Moving on!
So what water filter do we use? After extensive research, we landed on the ‘Kangen water machine by Enagic’.. Producing up to 7 different types of waters from all PH levels, to a filtering process of 8 stages, Kangen water guarantees to keep in all the good stuff, ridding of all the bad toxic chemicals you find in our everyday tap water and natural water streams. Once the filtering process has completed, Kangen water remains ionized, full of healthy minerals and antioxidants, maintaining healthy alkaline levels with a great taste. The result of Kangen water filtered through a machine is otherwise known as electronically reduced water, charging the water and remaining so for up to three days.
A major drawing card for going with this system is the ability to choose varying PH levels to achieve a multitude of uses. This means less products, less waste which is essential for minimal storage and off-grid living. Some of my favourite ways to use our filter are:
- ALLERGIES, COLD SYMPTOMS & SNORING: Use as a nasal wash when sinuses are plugged. The reduction of inflammation in the nasal passage, reduces snoring.
- BUG SPRAY REPELLENT, SUNBURN, PAIN, BUG BITES, SWELLING Spray or soak areas with a towel soaked in pH 11.5 water and keep wet by adding small amounts of pH 11.5 to the towel for a minimum of 30 minutes twice a day (recommended 1 hour twice daily).
- LAUNDRY SOAP: Use 1 to 2 quarts per load of pH 11.5 in place of laundry soap. Works beautifully for greasy smells like Fast-food Restaurant work clothes.
- DISINFECTING: Strong acidic water forms hypochlorous acid, a very effective non-toxic disinfecting agent against bacteria and viruses. sanitiser.
- ANTHOCYANINS: For washing and preparing fruits and vegetables containing anthocyanins: plums, grapes, cherries, strawberries, red cabbage, eggplant, soybeans, asparagus.
(All information SOURCED fromcf)
Click here to view a full list of 68 uses of kangen water.
I hope you learned something new today!
Love, Mon x